The Master of Education (M.Ed.) Programme is a two-years professional programme in the field of Teacher Education which aims at preparing teachers educators and other education professional including curriculum developers, educational policy analysts, planner, administrators, supervisors, school principals and researchers. The completion of the programme shall lead to M.Ed. degree with specialization either in elementary education (upto class VIII) or in secondary education (classes VI-XII).
Duration of Course
The M.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of two academic years including field attachment for a minimum of 4 week and research dissertation. Students shall be permitted to complete the programme requirements of the two-years programme within a maximum period of three years from the date of admission to the programme. The summer should be used for field attachment/practicum/other activities.
- There shall be at least two hundred working days each year, exclusive of the period of admission and inclusive of classroom transaction, practicum, field study and conduct of examination. The institution shall work for a minimum of thirty-six hours in a week (five or six days) during which faculty and students concerned with the conduct of the programme shall be available for interaction, dialogue, consultation and mentoring students.
- The minimum attendance of students shall be 80% for Theory Courses and Practicum, and 90% for Field Attachment.
- The basic unit size for the programme is 50. College has one basic unit.
Eligibility for Admission
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. programme should have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the following programme:
- B.A.B.Ed., B.Sc.B.Ed.
- D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate degree (with 50% marks in each)
- Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other applicable categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/State Government whichever is applicable.
Medium of Instruction