The Bachelor of Education Programme, generally known as B.Ed., is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), secondary level (class IX-X) and senior secondary level (classes XI-XII).
Duration of Course
The B.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of two academic years, which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission to the programme.
- There shall be at least two hundred working days each year exclusive of the period of examination and admission.
- The institution shall work for a minimum of thirty-six hours in a week (five or six days), during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers, student teachers in necessary to ensure their availability for advice, guidance, dialogue and consultation as and when needed.
- The minimum attendance of student-teacher shall have to be 80% for all course work and practicum, and 90% for school internship.
- The basic unit size for the programme is 50. College have two basic units with 100 students.
Eligibility for Admission
- Candidates with at least fifty percent (50%) marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with fifty five percent (55%) marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories shall be as per rules of the Central Government/State Government, whichever is applicable.
Medium of Instruction